Monday, March 14, 2011

PRAY FOR JAPAN


Thank you for your warm comments left on the previous post and messages sent to me at UGUiSU. Your wonderful thoughts and support are greatly appreciated and I have been comforted by each message received in this uneasy time we are going through at the moment. We are now saving electricity so I packed as many UGUiSU orders as possible before I could do it without turning the lights on. Orders received until today are now all ready to be shipped, and I have donated 100% of the money spent on the purchased items to help the victims of this tragic earthquake & tsunami through Red Cross Japan.
And I've decided to donate 80% of the profits made from all sales for at least one week.

You can also donate directly from the following link via amazon if you prefer to help that way.

American Red Cross: Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami (via amazon)

With many many thanks,
Hiki


P.S.
I understand many of the items are now out of stock and that is causing inconvenience, but I would like to wait for a little bit longer before ordering new stock just to give my suppliers and the courier company less work as everyone is still shaken up though mostly staying pretty calm. Thank you!


UPDATES (16 March)
I changed 50% to 80% of the profits made from all sales.
Thank you once again for all your support, all greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. you sound so brave, hiki, i can only imagine how japan feels right now. we feel so far away and powerless to help but will try however we can. c x

    ReplyDelete
  2. From our household, we are sending you our warmest, most sincere wishes and and our most heart felt prayers! To beautiful Japan - our love and our brightest hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. charlotte, things here even in tokyo are quite unstable it's really terrifying.... everyone is so nervous and stressed but we are all trying to be strong together. all the support and thoughts sent from outside japan have been totally amazing. thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiki, my warmest toughts are with you. I agree with Charlotte you sound so brave. Please take care.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear you're ok. I think of you and all the people in Japan. You're very brave. We hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your family, and all of the ones affected by this disaster will be in our prayers.

    "I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow”~Thomas Paine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Hiki, I hope that you are well. I send my wishes for good health, family, friends, and life. I visited Japan one year ago, and I think it is a beautiful country. My thoughts and prayers are for all Japanese people, such courageous and gracious people. --Louise R. Los Angeles, California

    ReplyDelete